Celebrating the Construction Industry Grand Prize Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, AND WILL BE INTERPRETED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF ONTARIO.
1. Sponsor. The Celebrating the Construction Industry Grand Prize Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by WRKS Inc., 90 Tycos Drive, Suite 2, Toronto, Ontario, M6B 1V9 (the “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. Contest Dates and Time. The Contest begins on August 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST and ends on October 4, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
4. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. To enter the Contest, you must sign in to your WRKS account and send a message through the “Contact WRKS” feature with the daily secret word. Each message containing the daily secret word will constitute one (1) valid entry. Between August 31 and October 4, the Sponsor will post at least one secret word per day. These words can be found on the “Home” screen from within the WRKS service. WRKS will confirm receipt of the entry by email.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On October 5, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. EST at 90 Tycos Drive, Suite 2, Toronto, Ontario (the “Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrants”). There will be three Selected Entrants, the first for the Grand Prize and the second and third for smaller Dewalt prize packs as outlined below. Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules.
The Selected Entrant for the Grand Prize must be available to attend the presentation ceremony in Toronto, Ontario on October 10, 2018. The Sponsor will provide economy flights and one (1) night standard accommodation, if the Selected Entrant is required to travel 500 km or farther. In this instance, the Selected Entrant is responsible for all costs and expenses no listed above, including but not limited to valid travel documentation, insurance, food and beverage, communications, ground transportation, hotel incidentals, and all personal expenses.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question without assistance; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (Winner Release); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within one (1) business day of the contest draw and will be contacted by email provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within two (2) business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant may be selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than October 8, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each Selected Entrant will be required to provide proof of identification and proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
6. Contest Prizes. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won as follows: the use of one (1) un-logoed 2018 Nissan Titan Single Cab S 4×2 for one (1) year on lease (approximate retail value: $16,000.00 CAD before taxes, freight, and PDI). Actual value may vary depending on winner’s location. Winner will not be entitled to any difference between actual and approximate retail value of Grand Prize. The exact vehicle to be awarded will depend on dealer availability. The vehicle will be leased at an authorized Nissan dealership location convenient to the winner (subject to availability and as determined by Sponsor). The winner will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining own vehicle insurance, maintenance, and must have a valid driver’s license. The winner must also qualify for, and agree to, the lease terms as outlined by Nissan Canada, and the Nissan dealership providing the lease.
In addition there will be two (2) additional prizes awarded to Contest entrants selected by random draw: various Dewalt tools and other items worth approximately $1000.00 CAD and $500.00 CAD, for the second and third Selected Entrants drawn respectively.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not convertible to cash by prize claimants. Prizes may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. In case of unavailability of any Prize, to accommodate for a disability, or for any other reason and in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize for a prize or cash of equal or greater value.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in, or through the use or redemption of a prize.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
8. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email.
9. Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
12. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
13. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail.
14. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
15. Personal Information. Unless specifically consented to otherwise, the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Contest will be used solely by the Sponsor or their designated agent for the administration of the Contest and in connection with any publicity relating to the Contest.
TEXT OF CONTEST RULES
For a copy of the Contest Rules, please write to:
WRKS Inc. Celebrating Construction Grand Prize Giveaway Contest
90 Tycos Drive, Suite 2
Toronto, ON M6B 1V9